For details of the Music Curriculum for each year group for each term please visit the class webpages.
Essential characteristics of Musicians
We have identified the following essential characteristics which we aim to develop to enable children to become independent and confident musicians:
- A rapidly widening repertoire which they use to create original, imaginative, fluent and distinctive composing and performance work.
- A musical understanding underpinned by high levels of aural perception, internalisation and knowledge of music, including high or rapidly developing levels of
- technical expertise.
- Very good awareness and appreciation of different musical traditions and genres.
- An excellent understanding of how musical provenance - the historical, social and cultural origins of music - contributes to the diversity of musical styles.
- The ability to give precise written and verbal explanations, using musical terminology effectively, accurately and appropriately.
- A passion for and commitment to a diverse range of musical activities.
Essential opportunities for Music
In order to ensure that our children are provided with a range of opportunities to enable them to become musicians we provide:
|Key Stage One||Key Stage Two|
Essential learning objectives for Music
We have identified the following essential learning objectives for Music:
|To perform||To compose||To transcribe||To describe|
Extra-Curricular Music Opportunities
We are a Silver Award winning Sing-Up school, taking as many opportunities as we can to sing and perform through the year.
We have a school choir who perform regularly both in school and in a variety of community events.
We offer parents the opportunity for their children to learn a woodwind, brass, percussion or string instrument through private music lessons on site.