Our school receives £9,000 a year from the government. This funding is ‘ring fenced’ and is provided with the government’s aim to improve the quality of provision for sport in every state primary school in England.
Houghton Primary School subscribes to the Hunts Sports Partnership in order to access support and guidance to embed high quality PE and School Sport across our school. The partnership subscription is £4,000 per year and provides our school with:
• One to one personalised support for the teachers and teaching assistants who teach PE and run extra-curricular sporting activities for our children
• Intervention programmes and collapsed timetable events to engage all children in physical activity and school sport
• Continuous professional development – provision of courses and targeted training opportunities for our teachers and TAs across the year
• Coaching of specific sports through the year
• Additional support relating to ensuring the highest possible quality of provision within PE and Sport in school
The remaining £5,000 funding is allocated for;
• Curriculum and extra-curricular resources, including storage, to enable high quality provision
• Additional training and coaching in accordance to identified needs
• Sports promotion activities to lift the profile of sport in the school and community
• Engagement in wider opportunities to take part in or spectate at sporting events
• Employment of HLTAs to plan, organise and run extra-curricular clubs and sporting activities through year
• Release time for Sports Leaders (2 teachers) for leadership of development and improvement, training etc.
• Provision of additional coaches to run extra-curricular sporting activities
CLICK HERE FOR PE/SPORT DEVELOPMENT PLAN TO FIND FURTHER DETAIL ABOUT HOW THE FUNDING HAS BEEN USED.